It’s been pretty busy for me lately with my home based business but I had some time yesterday to do a DIY home project that I’ve been wanting to do! I am planning to do quite a few projects here in the near future and I hope to share them with you also! So this shall be the first installment of “DIY Home Project” here on the blog!
So, I saw some frames (at Target of course!) that had clothespins hanging from string to hang pictures from. I wanted a certain style for mine so I decided I’d try to make it!
I absolutely love how it came out! So I thought I’d share it with you all and show you how I did it!
I picked up a few black picture frames from a thrift store the other day for $1 a piece! They were a little scuffed but it was ok because I was going to paint them.
- Chalk paint in your choice of color
- Clear wax
- Sanding sponge
- Twine or your choice of string
- Wrapping paper in your choice of pattern
- Glue gun
Here’s how I did it:
1. First I painted the frame with white chalk paint. No sanding, I just painted right over it. Then I allowed that to dry.
3. Then I applied the wax according to directions and allowed that to dry.
4.Next I cut the wrapping paper to the size of my frame.
6. Finally I put the back into the frame and placed the clothespins on the twine!
And here’s how it turned out! I love it! I will hang some pictures from it and be able to change them out whenever I want! This will go on my entryway wall that I am giving a makeover! I hope to share more on that soon!